The following rules are for your protection and to preserve the ecology of the area.
1. NO OPEN FIRES AT ANY TIME ON THE RANGE, IN THE PARKING AREAS OR AROUND THE GAZEBO AREA.
2. NO SMOKING ON THE RANGE AT ANY TIME.
3. No consumption of alcoholic beverages on the Range.
4. No hunting on the range.
5. No fireworks or firearms on the range.
6. No broad-heads on the range or in the targets AT ANY TIME.
7. Please pack out your trash. Please do not leave your trash at the gazebo or in the bathrooms.
8. Do not throw trash in the toilets.
9. Always place a bow, jacket, or other large object in front of a target when you are looking for a lost arrow behind the target; this action alerts others to your presence.
10. Children must be supervised at all times.
11. Do not drain chemical toilets.
12. Do not pick wildflowers; do not damage or remove trees or shrubs.
13. Do not remove any firewood from the range.
14. Camping is allowed only during tournaments and work parties and will be announced when it is available.
15. Please be courteous to all persons shooting on the ranges.
16. Anyone caught removing or trying to remove archery targets will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law no exceptions.
17. If you are caught shooting broad-head or broad-head practice points into ANY of the targets on the range, you must pay a $250 damage fee plus you will be banned from the range indefinitely and turned over to the Douglas County Sheriff’s Department. Members that bring in a guest(s) will be accountable for your guest(s) infractions of this nature.
18. Members- If you have guests at the range:
a. DO NOT GIVE THEM THE CODE
b. They must park outside the gate, they cannot drive onto the range with you.
c. They must pay the $5 daily fee and sign the waiver at the box before entering.
19. Please do not mark on the targets. Not everyone wants to shoot at the same type of target you do. We try to keep a variety of targets on the range for everyone to enjoy. Marking the targets with marker or paint is considered vandalism. If you have any questions about this, please reach out to us.
20. Only shoot from the marked yardages and from within the shooting lanes. DO NOT back up to shoot a longer distance or shoot off the trail. This is a major safety issue for both you and other shooters, no matter your abilities.
21. If you are shooting a target on the course, please do sit or park yourself on one target. This is what the practice range is for. It causes increased wear and tear on particular targets and thus increased cost and we have to replace these targets more often than if they were used properly.
Shooting fee is $ 5.00 per day; payment boxes are located at the gate and the pavilion. Members and youth 11 years old or younger do not pay the daily fee. Archers may become members of the Columbine Bowmen , please see Membership and Fees page for more information.